April 25th, 2017
AMIS Information Series
AMIS Sponsored Disaster Insurance Information
In Case of a Fire
Protecting you and your family
- Install smoke detectors and familiarize your family with the sound of the alarm.
- Plan an escape route from your home. If possible, every room should have two escape routes.
- Remember that smoke and heat rise. When you encounter smoke, crawl on the floor where the air is cleaner.
Protecting your property
- Make sure your roof is constructed with fire resistant materials.
- Mark the entrance to your property clearly so that firefighters can easily locate your home.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your home.
- Landscape your yard with fire-resistant plants. Check with your local fire department or landscapers to determine which plants are safe. Clear all other vegetation up to at least 30 yards from your home.
- Make an inventory of your possessions and store it off the premises. If your belongings are damaged, this list will help facilitate the claim filing process.
Copyright © 2011 AMIS / Alliance Marketing & Insurance Services. All rights reserved.