AMIS Sponsored Boating Safety Information
Personal Watercraft Safety
Personal watercrafts have become extremely popular. If you are going to pilot one of these watercrafts, keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Know your craft and how it operates.
- Know your local boating laws, navigational marks and signs.
- Wear a personal flotation device, eye protection, wetsuit and gloves.
- Do not operate a vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs.
- Always stay to the right of other water vehicles.
- Remember, sailboats, commercial vessels and fishing vessels have the right-of-way.